Tuesday 14th December 2021
Remote Education Guidance
Following on from Miss Burrows’ letter of Monday 13th December, please see the following guidance for Remote Learning during the first week back after Christmas – commencing Tuesday 4th January 2022.
• Tuesday 4th January 2022 – INSET Day. No students in school
• Wednesday 5th January 2022 - recorded lessons for all year groups
• Thursday 6th January 2022 - recorded lessons for KS3 (KS4/KS5 students in school)
• Friday 7th January 2022 - live sessions KS3 (KS4/KS5 in school)
Whilst students are not in school for face-to-face teaching, they will be able to access remote education that follows their usual school timetable.
Remote education for all year groups will commence on Wednesday 5th January 2022.
From Wednesday 5th January, the following approaches to Remote Education will be utilised across the school.
1) Pre-recorded lessons (e.g. Loom or voice over PowerPoint) sent via Google Classroom
2) Work set via Google Classroom (e.g. with links to other digital platforms such as MyMaths)
3) Live sessions will commence on Friday 7th January via Google Meet
4) Students are to complete work in their Study Practice Workbooks or on a google doc or google slides, depending on the instructions given by their class teacher.
5) If requested, students will be required to upload a photo of their work to Google Classroom. Please see the guidance videos for Google Classroom
Teaching staff will use the approach that best suits their students’ needs and that complements the nature of their subject.
Students should regularly check their Google Classrooms to access any remote learning set by their subject teachers.
When work is required to be returned to class teachers this will be clearly indicated.
Please see below our protocols for live sessions:
Online Live Sessions – Guidance for Students
• Our preferred online platform for live sessions is Google Meet. Students will join sessions via Google Meet and will need to log into their school account using their usual school login and password
• Students can only participate in Google Meet sessions using their school Google accounts. Cameras should be on and microphones muted. If at any point students feel uncomfortable with their camera on, they can be switched off
• Students should also participate in live sessions in a suitable location and against a neutral background.
• Students should be dressed appropriately whilst conducting video conferences – they should not be wearing their pyjamas
• No elements of live sessions should be recorded by students or parents, if the school becomes aware that the voice or image of a teacher has been inappropriately recorded that is viewed as a serious matter and is likely to lead to a student being removed from future live sessions and face further in school sanctions.
• Students should conduct themselves in a manner appropriate for a school environment – including use of appropriate language.
• There may be occasions where the teacher chooses to record their live session for those students who were unable to attend. During these sessions the students will be instructed to turn their camera and microphones off
• Students should understand that they are free to mute themselves, turn off their webcam, or leave the conference if for any reason they become uncomfortable during the session.
• Live sessions should not be used as a forum for parent teacher consultation. Should parents/carers have a need to raise a question with a teacher, this should be done using the email@example.com or contacting the school on 0121 706 4200
It may be helpful to access our Remote Education page from the school website https://www.ilsley.bham.sch.uk/corona-virus
Frequency and volume
Work will be set each day and will follow the usual school timetable.
There are a number of tutorials for Google Classroom on our website. There is also a section on ‘Frequently Asked Questions.’ Should you or your child require assistance, please look at the following guidance in the first instance. Use this link to our school website https://www.ilsley.bham.sch.uk/corona-virus.
As ever, thank you for your continued support. We wish you all a very happy and holy Christmas.
Miss A Pereira Mrs L Grant
Assistant Head Teacher Assistant Head Teacher