top of page

Useful Information Letter 2022

Dear Parent / Carers

Please see below useful information and details how to apply for Free School Meals a Yardley Trust Uniform Grant and a Free Bus Pass.


Free School meals

If you are a parent or carer, and receive any of the benefits below; then your child is eligible for Free School Meals.

Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).

  • Income Support

  • Income Based Jobseekers Allowance

  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance

  • Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999

  • The guarantee element of Pension Credit

  • Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)

  • Working Tax Credit run-on paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit

  • Tax Credit run-on paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit

To apply, please go to - alternatively you can request an application form via or a hard copy from reception.


Yardley Trust Uniform Grant

These grants are for students in years 7-11, who live within the Ancient Parish of Yardley and who qualify for Free School Meals, or have done within the past 6 years. A book voucher is also issued to school on behalf of qualifying students in the Autumn of the same year.

To apply, please go to

The password for Archbishop Ilsley pupils to apply is: yef22

The closing date for applications will be Sunday 3rd July 2022


Free School Travel Assistance (Bus Pass)

Your child may be entitled to free school travel assistance to get to school.

To apply for free school travel assistance your child must:

  • Live in Birmingham

  • Be between 5 and 16 years old (unless they have learning difficulties or disabilities)

  • Attend one of the following:

  • State school (school maintained by the Council)

  • Pupil referral unit

  • Non-maintained special school

  • Free school

  • Academy.

  • Have to walk further than the distance (qualifying distance 3 miles) when considering their shortest possible walking routes


You won't be able to apply for free school travel assistance if:

  • Your child goes to a school more than the qualifying distance from your home because that's the school you want, even though your child could have gone to a school within that distance.

  • Your child is attending a denominational (faith) school, unless you’re on a low income and qualify for additional support.

  • You haven’t already accepted a place at a school.

To apply for free school travel assistance, please go to;

Please note that you will need to login or register for a Brum Account in order to use this form.

I hope that you find this information useful, If you require any further information or need any support, please contact Mrs C. Fealy via or via telephone 0121 706 4200.

Yours sincerely

C Fealy

Mrs C. Fealy

bottom of page